Blog #10

 


College experience

     My college experience so far has had its ups and downs. I started college a little bit late for my age but that is because I graduated high school peak of when Corona started. Ever since that disease outbreak happened my education had to come to a pause. I wasn't allowed to go out and see my friends or even go out into my yard because of the fear. This also put a pause on schools and learning experiences, but this was the worst of all. I would have been graduating college in a year or so but because of what happened I have been held back 3 years. Ever since I started going back to school I was really nervous and very cautious about those and things around me. My first college semester was just me getting back into the basic classes and trying to remember everything I could in 3 years and also new information. I still had my basic knowledge so it wasn't all that hard. What was really a challenge for me was creating new friends. I know myself, I am not really much of a talker and only comfortable to the ones I have known my whole life so this was a challenge. I did talk to my seatmates but I still found it awkward because I never really got to know them. I always overthink things which causes me to stutter my words and never want to talk but I feel like I am getting better at it?

        College classes are more challenging for me because we have to do more assignments which also tends to stress me out and I end up not doing them or I do them but rushed and not well preformed. Math this semester really put down my self esteem. It got really harder than my first semester so I never wanted to get help. I was always embarrassed to ask questions or I never knew how to. Math this semester brought a part of me out which I never want to see in someone else. I gave up so many times and cried every quiz I took because I would never make it over a 65%. Once I did start getting help and getting the rhythm to my class, my quiz scores still never past over 65 and I always put myself down. This is the last math class I ever have to take in college so I am also stress I am not going to pass and re take it again. As the semester falls to an end I am proud to say my grade has been going up in math. I have been getting the units we have been learning and I want to keep this good energy I have for Math class and keep performing well to pass.


Comments

  1. I also graduated in the middle of covid and didn't start college until last fall, I was pretty nervous to start school after years without taking a class but it hasn't been too bad so far. I'm also glad your grade is going up in your math class !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% know who you feel. I also graduated high school during covid and I'm still not done with my career. I also changed careers from Architecture to Art and been trying to get my credits up so I can graduate. But it is a challenge and a struggle that many of us are facing. But even if we didn't complete our degrees in the way we wanted or enjoyed our college experience, I rather graduate in my early-mid twenties than be 30 and feel like I done nothing with my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasmine--Pretty good job finishing up the blog project. You have some interesting topics and ideas, and some good development. Keep digging and connecting to create significance for your audience; you are a bit brief at times. Don't forget about visual engagement as well. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Entry #1

Blog #2

Blog #5